[jboss-as7-dev] Console Beta9

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Thu May 26 07:48:51 EDT 2011

A few things to know:

How do I access the console?
========================

http://localhost:9990/console

How do I enable authentication?
=========================

Simply create a security realm configuration.
This needs to be done in "domain/configuration/host.xml" for domain mode:

<management>
        <security-realms>
            <security-realm name="ManagementRealm">
                <authentication>
                    <users>
                        <user username="admin">
                            <password>
                                password
                            </password>
                        </user>
                    </users>
                </authentication>
            </security-realm>
        </security-realms>
    </management>
    <management-interfaces>
        <native-interface interface="public" port="9999"/>
        <http-interface interface="public" port="9990" security-realm="ManagementRealm"/>
    </management-interfaces>

Or "standalone/configuration/standalone.xml":

<management>
        <security-realms>
            <security-realm name="ManagementRealm">
                <authentication>
                    <users>
                        <user username="admin">
                            <password>password</password>
                        </user>
                    </users>
                </authentication>
            </security-realm>
        </security-realms>
    </management>

    <management-interfaces>
       <native-interface interface="default" port="9999"/>
       <http-interface interface="default" port="9990" security-realm="ManagementRealm"/>
    </management-interfaces>

How do I switch between standalone and domain administration?

Just boot AS7 in either one of these modes and reload the console web application.