[jboss-as7-dev] TX subsystem management use cases

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue May 31 08:28:53 EDT 2011

On 5/12/11 11:36 AM, Michael Musgrove wrote:
> Yes that will be OK in the medium term.
>
> In the longer term (possibly in release 5.x which is at least a year
> away) we will need to support multiple transaction managers in the same
> VM and will need to deprecate most of our static methods.

Couple questions to see if we can future-proof the management
configuration of the AS's transactions subsystem:

1) How will these multiple transactions managers be uniquely identified?
A simple string name?

2) How will the various configuration components you have now map to
these multiple transaction managers? You've got a CoreEnvironmentBean,
CoordinatorEnvironmentBean, ObjectStoreEnvironmentBean,
RecoveryEnvironmentBean. Will each transaction manager have a set of
those, or will some be common across transaction managers?