[jboss-as7-dev] Seeing NPE on simple war deployment

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Thu May 12 22:22:38 EDT 2011

when I pulled down the current repo and did the build, it fails on the
smoke tests, but it did build the server target. If I try running that
with a simple ROOT.war, it is failing to deploy with the following NPE:

19:17:45,706 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-4)
MSC00001: Failed to start service
jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".PARSE:
org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".PARSE: Failed to process phase PARSE of
deployment "ROOT.war"
     at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:108)
     at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1675)
     at
[:1.6.0_24]
     at
[:1.6.0_24]
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680) [:1.6.0_24]
     at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.annotation.AnnotationIndexUtils.getAnnotationIndexes(AnnotationIndexUtils.java:55)
     at
org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WarAnnotationDeploymentProcessor.deploy(WarAnnotationDeploymentProcessor.java:116)
     at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:102)
     ... 4 more