[jboss-as7-dev] Loading resources through JBWeb context API

Remy Maucherat rmaucher at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 12:05:09 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 15:09 +0100, Thomas Diesler wrote:
> Hi Remy,
>
> I think it is reasonable to ask for a clean API to setup a web context
> that includes servlet and resoure registration. May I remind you about
> AS7-351 which also has resource registration as a requirement.

One thing that I find confusing is if the whole HttpService is supposed
to be one big webapp.

> I'll look into replacing the DirContext as a work around.

There's an existing VFSDirContext implementation. The overlays (which
are defined in WarMetaData) are straight VirtualFile objects and are
using it, so it should work fine for you.

What should be added then is a "parent" DirContext to handle the aliases
if everything is supposed to go in a single webapp.

--
Remy Maucherat <rmaucher at redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc