[jboss-as7-dev] Possible bug in EL implementation?

Karsten Wutzke kwutzke at web.de
Fri Nov 4 06:05:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've just recently had the following question/discussion on stackoverflow.com:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8004233/jsf-2-how-to-pass-an-action-including-an-argument-to-be-invoked-to-a-facelets-s

This revealed that JBoss AS 7 / Tomcat seems to have a bug in its EL implementation. Even GlassFish doesn't implement this correctly yet. A bug has already been posted there, but for some Tomcat 7 version (and JBoss AS 7) this could already have been fixed. You can find all the details in the post over at SO. I'd be glad if anyone here could comment on that.

1. Which concrete version of Tomcat are JBoss AS 7.0.0, 7.0.1, and 7.0.2 based on?
2. Which concrete version of Tomcat is the new JBoss AS 7.1.0 based on?

Thanks
Karsten