[jboss-as7-dev] Core Logging and Messages

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 19:05:26 EST 2011

Hello All,
I've add the base support for subsystems to use the JBoss Logging i18n
tools for log messages and messages. I have not gone through and
converted all the messages in every subsystem/module, though there are a
number of them that have been converted.

When you are working in the subsystems/modules please use the
@MessageLogger for all logging and the @MessageBundle for all text that
needs to be translated as well as exceptions. If you have the time,
please feel free to convert any older log messages or exceptions that
need to be converted. This is a fairly time consuming task to do all in
one shot.

Here are some general guidelines on how the i18n work should be done
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/LoggingInCoreJBossApplicationServer7.
There is a listing of some of the subsystems/modules and there progress
here http://community.jboss.org/wiki/LoggingIds.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

--
James R. Perkins