[jboss-as7-dev] Datasource operation - test-connection-in-pool is failing

Vimal Kansal vkansal at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 02:35:21 EST 2011

Hi,

I have configured a PostGreSQL 8.4 datasource on the latest build using
the admin console, which writes the following configuration to
standalone.xml :

<datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/MyDS"
pool-name="MyDS_Pool" enabled="false" jta="false" use-ccm="false">
<connection-url>
                         jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/testdb
</connection-url>
<driver-class>
                         org.postgresql.Driver
</driver-class>
<driver>
                         postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar
</driver>
<security>
<user-name>
                             postgres
</user-name>
<password>
                             postgres
</password>
</security>
. . .

When I click the "Test" button on admin console or invoke the
"test-connection-in-pool" operation (which is what is invoked by admin
cosnole) using CLI, it fails with following error :

14:28:34,187 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller]
(HttpManagementService-threads - 4) Operation
("test-connection-in-pool") failed - address: ([
     ("subsystem" => "datasources"),
     ("data-source" => "java:jboss/datasources/MyDS")
]) - failure description: "failed to invoke operation: failed to match
pool. Check JndiName: java:jboss/datasources/MyDS"

Besdies this error, there is no other log message. This used to work
earlier ( I still have an instance - one month old build, on which same
definition is working.) I think possibly it is a bug.

Thx

Vimal