[jboss-as7-dev] Unresolved issues with lock down by default

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 14:35:53 EST 2011

Ok so I merged the lock down patch after a clean integration run but
there are still some issues we need to resolve before releasing:

1. The CLI hangs if you enter an invalid name/password ONCE (oops!)
    1a) Once an invalid password is entred the server will not shutdown
        cleanly, it hanges
2. The log message is too early and will go easily unnoticed
3. The web console doesnt tell you what to do
4. The digest tool doesnt actually edit the file for you (kind of a pain)
5. It would be nice if the CLI shell script could detect that the file
is empty and tell you what to do

I think we should modify the CLI to somehow tell you that you need to
run a password.

On 11/9/11 2:55 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> Are there any projects out there calling AS7 as part of their own testsuite?
>
> AS7 is about to be secured by default so some minor changes are likely
> to be needed to add a user to the AS7 installation and then make the
> invocations as that user.
>
> Within the AS7 testsuite we will have examples of the various calls into
> the management interfaces with CallbackHandlers and Authenticators
> handling this.  If you can point me to where you project makes the calls
> I can point you to the appropriate example in the AS7 testsuite.
>
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.

Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect