[jboss-as7-dev] How hard would it be to support key based auth by default to make life simpler and more secure ?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 10:06:40 EST 2011

Yeah this is why I like the username/password option the best. All of
tools, including the CLI, can just notice there is no entry in the props
file and just ask "Hey you didn't configure a user, would you like me to
add one?"

The passwords are stored in digest crypt form, and can be easily
generated by any other external tools IDE etc. We also don't have a
chicken-egg problem with somehow triggering the transport to relaunch,
since the user auth is lazily discoverd (one the file is changed we notice).