[jboss-as7-dev] cli: ls result changes

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 05:31:41 EST 2011

First of all, the results now include attributes in addition to node
names. E.g.

[domain at localhost:9999 /] ls
deployment                              extension
         host                                    interface
path                                    profile
         server-group                            socket-binding-group
system-property                         launch-type=DOMAIN
         process-type=Domain Controller          release-codename=Ahoy!
release-version=7.1.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT

Items w/o '=' are node names, those that include '=' are attribute
name/value pairs.

The effects of -l are now different as well. In addition to names and
values, properties from the model description are included as well. ATM,
all of the available properties are printed (except for the description,
because it gets too messy). Actually, it's messy w/o it, since there are
already too many properties and the terminal has to be wide enough to
not break the resulting table. E.g.

[domain at localhost:9999 /] ls -l
CHILD                MIN-OCCURS MAX-OCCURS MODEL-DESCRIPTION
path                 0          2147483647 {}
deployment           0          2147483647 {}
extension            0          2147483647 {}
host                 0          2147483647 {}
interface            0          2147483647 {}
profile              1          2147483647 {}
server-group         0          2147483647 {}
socket-binding-group 0          2147483647 {}
system-property      0          2147483647 {}

ATTRIBUTE        VALUE                 TYPE   REQUIRED NILLABLE
MIN-LENGTH ALLOWED                                 ACCESS-TYPE STORAGE

launch-type      DOMAIN                n/a    n/a      n/a      n/a
    n/a                                     n/a         n/a
process-type     Domain Controller     STRING true     false    1
    ["Domain Controller","Host Controller"] read-only   runtime
release-codename Ahoy!                 STRING true     false    1
    n/a                                     read-only   configuration
release-version  7.1.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT STRING true     false    1
    n/a                                     read-only   configuration

If due to email formatting the above doesn't look like a table, you can
try the command yourself. The changes were merged last night.

The headers are not hard-coded. They are taken from the model
description and capitalized. So, for another node the number of the
headers may be different and their order as well.

This is, obviously, too much info by default. Although, every bit has
its value. I think we should agree on which columns we want to see by
default and, perhaps, add switches to include others.
Another way would be to have a separate command to describe specific
attribute including all the properties from its model description.

We just discussed this with Emanuel and we think about limiting the
default info to the name, value and type. And have another command to
fully describe a specific attribute.

If anybody has suggestions regarding what info should be displayed by
default, in which format, etc, let's hear.

Thanks,
Alexey