[jboss-as7-dev] @MessageBundle Classes

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 12:33:31 EST 2011

That's probably a good idea actually. I do plan on writing something
that will document the id's and the corresponding message if that's of
any use.

FWIW, I do have a script that will generate the id's on the source file
https://github.com/jamezp/logging-tools-scripts/blob/master/MessageIdGenerator.py.
It could probably be improved, but it was my first Python script and it
works.

On 11/28/2011 09:18 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> I was going to say yes, but we have the pull request process. So a
> developer can't just go an allocate himself a block and then start using
> it; he'd need to get a change to this file in the source tree merged and
> then start using it.
>
> It would be good if the class javadoc for the XXXLogger and XXXMessages
> files would document the expected range for that file (and for the
> module overall) though.
>
> On 11/28/11 5:45 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
>> Following a response to a pull request I am just starting to add some
>> messages to a *Message class.
>>
>> I see we have a jboss.org article tracking the reserved Ids, I am just
>> wondering would it make sense to record the reserved ranges in the
>> source so you only need to go back to the doc if this range starts to be
>> exceeded?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Darran Lofthouse.

James R. Perkins