[jboss-as7-dev] @MessageBundle Classes

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 12:47:37 EST 2011

> On 11/28/2011 05:18 PM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> I was going to say yes, but we have the pull request process. So a
>> developer can't just go an allocate himself a block and then start using
>> it; he'd need to get a change to this file in the source tree merged and
>> then start using it.
>>
>> It would be good if the class javadoc for the XXXLogger and XXXMessages
>> files would document the expected range for that file (and for the
>> module overall) though.
>
> I think that is all I am really asking for - so say like today where I
> am adding messages to a file where someone else has already reserved a
> block - I shouldn't need to go back to the reservation page until I see
> I am going to exceed the reserved block.

OK, good. Please everyone, if you are editing the XXXMessage and
XXXLogger file for a module, check the class javadoc for the file and if
not present add a comment like:

  * This module is using message IDs in the range XXX00-XXY99.
  * This file is using the subset XXX50-XXX99 for non-logger messages.
  * See http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16810 for the full list of
  * currently reserved JBAS message id blocks.

That's for XXXMessages. For XXXLogger the 2nd line would be:

* This file is using the subset XXX00-XXX49 for logger messages.