[jboss-as7-dev] API Feedback Releases: ShrinkWrap Descriptors 1.2.0-alpha Series

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 11:20:03 EDT 2011

Hi all:

Last week we made available ShrinkWrap Descriptors 1.2.0-alpha-1.

The scope of this project is very simple: Provide a object model DSL for
metadata.  For instance:

final WebAppDescriptor desc = Descriptors.create(WebAppDescriptor.class)
   .createSessionConfig().sessionTimeout(timeout)
   .getOrCreateCookieConfig().name(name).domain(domain)
   .path(path).maxAge(maxAge).up()
   .trackingMode(TrackingModeType._COOKIE.name()).up();
final String exported = desc.exportAsString();

As contrasted with jboss-metadata, this intentionally does not take into
account concerns like business logic (ie. validation, setting default
values) or merging.  Also the implementation uses our own manual
hierarchal state, so it's much faster than something like JAXB.

I'd like to invite everyone to check it out.  Everything in the api-spec
and api-jboss modules is subject to change, and we'll want to ensure the
API is something we're comfortable we're supporting before this reaches
a Beta-level release.

http://jboss.hudson.alrubinger.com/job/Descriptors/javadoc/
https://github.com/shrinkwrap/descriptors

A large portion of this development has come from the community, which
is something we're very proud to say.

S,
ALR
--