[jboss-as7-dev] Important Subsystem Management Use-Cases

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 17:07:39 EDT 2011

This is a good list.

There are also some cross-cutting concerns that we need to address in
all subsystems:

1) Validation of parameters by the OperationStepHandler impls
2) Properly dealing with default values.
3) Properly dealing with expressions (i.e. <inet-address
value="${jboss.bind.address.public:127.0.0.1}"/>

I'm in the process of updating Kabir's "Extending JBoss AS 7" guide[1]
to include some fairly straightforward techniques for all of these things.

[1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Extending+JBoss+AS+7