[jboss-as7-dev] i18n Logging and Messages

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 17:33:47 EDT 2011

Hello All,
As some of you may or may not have noticed we've started merging some
changes into the AS7 upstream for i18n logging and messages.

What does this mean to you?

Only use the message loggers for logging levels INFO or higher and all
message logger methods must have an id. A list of id's can be found here
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/LoggingIds. Anything below the logging
level INFO should still use message logger, but just invoke the logging
method directly, e.g. ConnectorLogger.ROOT_LOGGER.debugf("Building
DefaultBootstrapContext: %s", value).

All message bundles must also have a unique id as well. *Note that at
this point the subsystems that have been updated to use the i18n message
bundles do not have unique id's, but will in the future.

Also both message loggers and message bundles must have a project code
of JBAS.

See the connector subsystem
(https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/tree/master/connector/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/connector)
for an example of how we're using the message loggers and message
bundles. Or to see just what changed in the connector subsystem
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/commit/8dd0d5c1269ac20ffcc45dd9d606f9e6fea27617.

Please feel free to ask any questions or for further clarification.

--
James R. Perkins