[jboss-as7-dev] i18n Logging ID's and Levels

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 15:05:56 EDT 2011

I'd like to open a discussion on which messages should get logging id's
and which level some messages should be logged at.

ID's:
I previously stated in another email that all logging levels of INFO or
higher should get a logging id, but should they? Do we need an id for
"Server is started"?

Logging Levels:
We need to come up with some standard levels for logged messages. For
example "Starting subsystem xxx" seems to be a DEBUG level on some
subsystems, an INFO level on some and others don't even log the message
at all.

Any other additional questions and/or thoughts?

--
James R. Perkins