[jboss-as7-dev] [Detyped API Description] Example of multiple values for "allowed"?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 12:40:52 EDT 2011

On Wednesday 21 September 2011 09:13 PM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> It's part of what I'm doing.
>
> I believe changes to these pool configs can't be applied directly to the
> runtime though, at least not without a header associated with the
> request indicating its ok to bounce the PoolConfigService. I presume
> bouncing that service will in turn bounce any EJB services that use that
> config. (If not, let me know, as it probably means we could just bounce
> it by default.)
The EJB component, upon construction, uses the PoolConfigService to
create a runtime representation of the pool. Once that runtime
representation is created, the EJB component no longer depends on the
PoolConfigService. For example, if there's a PoolConfig with max pool
size 20 and we use that for a SLSB, then we create a runtime pool
representation with a upper bound of 20. Any subsequent changes to that
PoolConfig (like changing the max pool size to 10) doesn't (and probably
shouldn't) affect the already functional EJB component.

Any new EJB components created/deployed using the PoolConfig should
ofcourse use the new updated values of the PoolConfig while creating a
runtime representation of the pool.

So I think, bouncing the PoolConfigService on write attribute operations
should be fine.

-Jaikiran