[jboss-as7-dev] update messaging subsystem config to 1.2

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 10:36:16 EDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 01:46 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> Different subsystems have taken different approaches to this, some
> completely fork the parser for each version others adapt the existing
> parser to support the additional versions as they are added.
>
> My one comment on this is writing a single parser that can support
> multiple versions is very complex and so far I have seen a lot of
> mistakes where this is attempted - personally I believe that the long
> term maintainability of the parsers should take higher priority than
> minimising the amount of code.

Thanks for the input.

For these changes, I opted to subclass the parser and let the child
class handle the new attributes.
However, if the changes were more substantial (modification of tree
hierarchy, etc.), I agree that a new standalone parser would be simpler
to maintain (at the cost of having code duplication in case of bug fix).

jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil
JBoss, a division of Red Hat