[jboss-as7-dev] Changed arguments…can we do better ? :P

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 07:22:40 EST 2012

On Feb 1, 2012, at 13:04, Stephen Coy wrote:

> On 01/02/2012, at 10:38 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Does the -Djava.awt.headless=true have any function besides maybe give a few milliseconds faster startup ?
>
> I don't know about other platforms, but on a Mac the presence of this flag prevents the creation of a dock icon and application menu bar.

That only happens if your app doesn't have a console (i.e. not started on command line or started via some other external script) afaik.

> Normally we don't want to see this when running a server.

Yes, its an annoying behavior OSX has here for non-console run apps for which ./standalone -Djava.awt.headless=true is the best way to
use when running without console.

So yeah for that it makes sense to have it default I guess.

Any other reasons?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen