[jboss-as7-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

Ondřej Žižka ozizka at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 13:53:56 EST 2012

Brian Stansberry píše v Čt 09. 02. 2012 v 12:22 -0600:

> On 2/9/12 11:50 AM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:
> > Well, non-Arq tests know what server they communicate to, so they should
> > use the same values.
> >

> What same values?

Oh, I see what I mean. So yes, system props are the answer:
Normally,  Arq takes the sys props passed to it from maven -> surefire
-> junit.
For non-Arq tests, they need to read these system properties "manually".

I will document these props in
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/AS+7+Testsuite+Test+Developer
+Guide#   tmrw or during next week.

> > For tests that need to access the server prior to deployment - depends
> > on what kind of access would they need. Managememt? I may pass the IP
> > and mgmt port to tests as an additional system property.
> >

> Management is the case I know of. For example, setting up a security
> domain or something that the deployment requires. System properties
> would be fine; that's how it was done in AS 3,4,5,6. I figure that's the
> answer to my "What same values?" question above.

Yes.

Regards,
Ondra