[jboss-as7-dev] Several questions on AS 7 and CLI

Lin Gao lgao at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 07:05:28 EST 2012

Hi:

    I have some questions during AS 7 trial:

    I tried to deploy a web application(myapp.war)  to AS 7, but choose
an image file(myapp.jpg) by mistake, the console told me about the
failure, but the deployment: myapp.jpg is listed with disabled state(Web
Console).  Do you think it would be a better idea that do not add the
deployment in the list if it can not be deployed successfully?

    In CLI, 'deploy -l' will list all deployment, but there is only name
displayed. Do we have plan to display more information like active
state, type of the deployment(web, rar, etc), server groups if in domain
mode?

    I tried to define a command using: 'command add
--node-type=/subsystem=datasources/data-source --property-id=jndi-name
--command-name=data-source-alias' in CLI, but it failed with message:
"Property jndi-name is not read-only.".  Why only read-only attribute
can be used to identify instance of the node type? Is the embedded
'data-source' command defined this way?

    I connected a remote JBoss server using 'bin/jboss-admin.sh', I can
shutdown the target JBoss server, but I can't restart the target JBoss
server in CLI, I need to log on the server and run the
'bin/standalone.sh' again. Do you think it make sense to provide restart
function in JBoss server by itself?

--
BR
Lin Gao