[jboss-as7-dev] Time to drop the 3 from EJB3?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 09:54:00 EDT 2013

Yes BUT any chance we have to move this way we should take when we can.
  It'll be a lot easier to do this as we can than to suddenly have to
react when, say, EJB 4.0 is released.

If the namespace changes, let's change this part too.  We can read
"ejb3" for compatibility but we should write "ejb".  Transformers should
be able to take care of the rest I would think.

On 04/03/2013 07:58 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> It's actually more than just the namespace change. The "ejb3" gets
> referenced in the management model too and we can't change that given
> our backward compatibility promise. Maybe there could be some kind of
> redirection setup for redirecting subsystem=ejb3 to subsystem=ejb in the
> management API, but I'm not sure how easy or difficult it is to do that.
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Wednesday 03 April 2013 05:48 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
>> Just a quick thought, is it now time to drop the 3 from EJB3?
>>
>> The 3 has lived on in the namespace for the subsystem
>> "urn:jboss:domain:ejb3:2.0" but as AS8 != EAP 6 maybe we can cope with
>> the 3 going.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Darran Lofthouse.

- DML