[jboss-as7-dev] AS8 - Should Domain Management Be A Subsystem

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Feb 25 06:54:13 EST 2013

The main reason this is of interest to me is so that we can commence
switching everything in AS to a common identity manager solution that is
as equally applicable for authentication of applications deployed to the
app server as it is for authentication for domain management.

At this point we need to be setting the overall road map for these
changes so this would suggest the following: -

Start the updates for the application server potentially for AS8 and
leave domain management largely untouched - then for AS.next provided
the host controller process will be running subsystems we can start to
re-use everything developed so far and replace the existing management
configuration.

At that point we would be on the common solution used for everything.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.