[jboss-as7-dev] AS8 - Should Domain Management Be A Subsystem

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 10:26:19 EST 2013

This sounds good. Trying to rearchitect the HC in AS 8 is too large a
task. But for AS.next we need a more flexible HC extension mechanism
than what we have now.

I'm not certain "subsystem" is the right concept. The rules for exactly
what an HC "subsytem" does vs what a standalone server subsystem does vs
a domain subsystem does, those need to be clarified. If all 3 use cases
can fit comfortably into the same software concepts, great. But if not,
we shouldn't force them in. Clearly all 3 will share similar features
and should differ only where they need to differ.