[jboss-as7-dev] Subsystem model version for AS8

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:11:30 EST 2013

Hi,

I remember few discussions on IRC in last weeks(s) about how to handle
version bumps for subsystem model when changes are done on AS8 codebase.

It was somewhat agreed that instead of bumping minor version we should
upgrade major version.

aka instead of doing 1.2 --> 1.3, new version should be 2.0

That gives us flexibility of bumping minor version to 7.x codebase if need
arises.

I am writing this as there was some PRs lately that bump just minor version.

So, can we get an agreement of new versioning rules, that we will then
follow.

I personalty favor major version bumps...

--
tomaz