[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Remoting - Server-side Thread-per-connection Model

tom.elrod@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 23:47:01 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | The "right" long-term solution would be Remoting to support both patterns and make this configurable. That'll make everyone happy.

Absolutely

anonymous wrote :
  | Not exactly sure what you mean by "layered transport implementation". Could you please clarify?

Remoting currently views things in terms of the Object world, meaning at the highest API level, it expects to be dealing with objects.  Then as dive deeper in the guts of remoting were have transport and marshalling, the same theme still exists (although not as tightly constrained).  Think what Scott is talking about is having the transport layer so that at lowest level is only dealing with raw data, then passes that data to a higher level, where would be converted into whatever format (an Object for example), then pushed up.

This way, would be possible to just use that low-level transport layer where just dealing with raw data, instead of having the ?everything is an object? type view pushed on you by the higher level API.

If this is what Scott is saying (and hope it is), then I agree.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979239#3979239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979239