[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - Re: messagingType optional issue

jesper.pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 5 05:25:55 EDT 2008

The JMS resource adaptor creates a connection to either a queue or a topic based on this information. The other mandatory property is destination.

There is no way of knowing if the destination is a queue or a topic based only on the name of the destination. Therefore we can't set a correct default value if the destinationType property isn't filled in.

I guess that you are on page 109 of the JavaEE 5 spec in regards to injected resources - which states that the message-destination-type defaults to the injected target if not specified.

I think that the best solution would be to take the information from the injected target and fill in the information behind the scenes and leave the requirement of the JMS resource adaptor.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168677#4168677

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168677