[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Re: JBoss Modules and a NICE Documentation

Nikos Ballas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 2 06:52:01 EST 2012

Nikos Ballas [http://community.jboss.org/people/cirix] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss Modules and a NICE Documentation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/644119#644119

Sorry Nicklas,

but since I am in the business of software devel , let me inform you that for example banks would prefer an outdated technology that has 10/10 support and documentation than something that is cutting edge but has significant problems when you are trying to solve a problem using that technology.
I know for example that you have oil companies that run systems still in jee 1.4.Because they are 100% sure that everything works as it supposed and
the technology is mature.I know multimilion companies also that for example still go with tomcat and jboss 4.2 because of the reasons i mention.
Doing software devel for fun and for the hack is somethinig totally different when you have to choose something that will be used for production or you
want to devel a production system.Still i am lacking an "official" response.

regards
\n\m

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]