[JBoss-dev] Re: JBossMQ in JBoss5

Adrian Brock adrian_brock at jboss.org
Tue Sep 19 05:33:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 11:58 -0700, Ovidiu Feodorov wrote:
> Adrian Brock wrote:
> > More common is use of the JMX interface/names for
> > management/monitoring.
> >
> > e.g. a common usage is creating a queue/topic "on the fly"
> > (not a temporary queue).
> >

> The difference is some extra paging parameters that weren't in JBossMQ
> because JBossMQ doesn't do the memory paging the same way Messaging does
> it. This doesn't seem to me to require a major re-tooling effort.

It is when you are:
* using an MBean which is provided by a thirdparty
* it needs to go through months of QA,
* the client cannot be easily changed (I know of one classic example
of the latter :-)

Remember JMS is not just about changing the server config
it is also about changing the clients that use the server.

Not everybody works in liberal environments where implementations
can be easily modified.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock