[JBoss-dev] httpd and tomcatClustering gives 404 during redeploy.

Jean-frederic Clere jfclere at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 07:20:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to improve the behaviour of mod_proxy httpd
and JBossAS when an application is reployed.
For the moment in MainDeployer.java we have something like:
redeploy()
{
  undeploy();
  deploy();
}
Due to this Tomcat doesn't know that the webapp is being redeployed and
between the first undeploy() and end of deploy() is will return 404.

It is possible to add a ContainerListener in Tomcat but the only things
we get are removeChild and addChild events. It is possible to send a
message to httpd to tell that the context of the webapp is not available
in the node (to try to use another node of the cluster).

I think that to make it clean we need to add a start_redeploy and
end_redeploy event in Tomcat and modify MainDeployer and
AbstractWebDeployer so that the redeploy event could reach the Tomcat
classes.

Comments?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic