[JBoss-dev] httpd and tomcatClustering gives 404 during redeploy.

Jean-frederic Clere jfclere at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:11:30 EDT 2006

Scott M Stark wrote:

> The AbstractWebDeployer/TomcatDeployer can inform tomcat that an
> undeploy is begining. Are you looking for a distinction between an
> unavailable app and one that is being redeployed?

Yes. I know that "there is no guarantee that the redeploy will succeed"
but in production that should not happend and even in this case the
customer probably prefer a 503 to a 404. (If the request cannot be
routed to another node).

> I would think not as there is no guarantee that the redeploy will
> succeed. I don't see that the MainDeployer needs to change, just the
> TomcatDeployer.

The actual TomcatDeployer doesn't know that a redeploy is taking place
how could it inform Tomcat?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic