[jboss-dev] repository.jboss.com svn migration

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 16:38:26 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 15:19 -0500, Paul Gier wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This Sunday (April 8th) we are moving repository.jboss.com from it's
> current location in cvs to a new location in svn.

So you're copying over all the files that are currently in CVS?  Does
this mean that the few files that are just "hanging" out there (that are
not in CVS but are still up on the site) will be removed?  (This would
be a good thing)

> The web site will be updated periodically from the new repository,
> however, the site will no longer automatically generate the md5 files.

Does this mean that we should be generating the md5 files on our own?
Why is this no longer being done automatically?  And, what files need to
have the md5 info generated for them (perhaps that's a question better
directed at maven people)?

Finally, why update periodically (and deal with the hassle of having
cron jobs) instead of, say, using an svn post-commit hook so that the
update happens in real time?

- DML