[jboss-dev] repository.jboss.com svn migration

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 17:12:20 EDT 2007

David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 15:19 -0500, Paul Gier wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> This Sunday (April 8th) we are moving repository.jboss.com from it's
>> current location in cvs to a new location in svn.
>>

> So you're copying over all the files that are currently in CVS?  Does
> this mean that the few files that are just "hanging" out there (that are
> not in CVS but are still up on the site) will be removed?  (This would
> be a good thing)

Yes, the files that are not in CVS, but currently show up on the web
site will be removed.
>> The web site will be updated periodically from the new repository,
>> however, the site will no longer automatically generate the md5 files.
>>

> Does this mean that we should be generating the md5 files on our own?
> Why is this no longer being done automatically?  And, what files need to
> have the md5 info generated for them (perhaps that's a question better
> directed at maven people)?

The ant builds, as far as I (and QE) know are not using the md5 files.
For the maven2 part of the repository, md5 and sha1 should be generated
by the maven build or the deploy plugin and committed with the jar.

> Finally, why update periodically (and deal with the hassle of having
> cron jobs) instead of, say, using an svn post-commit hook so that the
> update happens in real time?

That's a good idea, and I believe that is the eventual goal.  It just
hasn't been set up yet.  Maybe next weekend? :)