[jboss-dev] repository.jboss.com svn migration

Eric Brown ebrown at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 17:35:07 EDT 2007

> The ant builds, as far as I (and QE) know are not using the md5 files.
> For the maven2 part of the repository, md5 and sha1 should be generated
> by the maven build or the deploy plugin and committed with the jar.
>
>> Finally, why update periodically (and deal with the hassle of having
>> cron jobs) instead of, say, using an svn post-commit hook so that the
>> update happens in real time?
>>
> That's a good idea, and I believe that is the eventual goal.  It just
> hasn't been set up yet.  Maybe next weekend? :)

Not exactly... b/c these are on physically separate machines, and
we pull, not push, for security reasons.  The sync's are quick fast
(only deltas are pulled, via svn update) and are run every 5 min.
so it should not be any issue.  We could even up this sync time if
needed, if it becomes a problem.

--
Eric Brown | Manager, Information Services | Red Hat, Inc.
(o) +1.404.442.2033 (c) +1.404.964.6062 | Key ID: 0xA092F823