[jboss-dev] Default jbosscache usage in JBoss AS 4.2/EJB3

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 09:57:55 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

 From various discussions I understand that JBoss AS 4.2 currently deploys
a single JBC instance for use as a shared cache across EJB3 deployments
and that individual EJB3 deployments will by default share the same cache
resulting in them sharing the same cache regions.

That is bad!

Two independent applications should not share the same cache regions -
they should *always* be seperated by setting hibernate.cache_region.prefix
so
they only get access to the data that is actually relevant for them.

There will also be classloading issues with such a scheme.

 From my understanding the place to fix this is in the ejb3 deployer to use
whatever unique name these deployments have so the same cache_region.prefix
will be set correctly across different nodes etc.

If the above assumption about 4.2 is correct, who is the right person to
fix that ?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate