[jboss-dev] JBoss Messaging - to scope or not to scope

Ovidiu Feodorov ovidiu at feodorov.com
Tue Apr 17 11:14:01 EDT 2007

Tim Fox wrote:
> Ram Venkataraman wrote:
>> I talked to Ovididu about a month or so ago when Messaging went GA
>> and spoke about integration  JBM into 4.x and I clearly remember
>> asking about remoting. He did not raise any red flags, in fact we
>> spoke of it being compatible.
>
> I don't have any explanations why he would say that - we have been
> dependent on remoting 2.2 for some time now.

There is misunderstanding then. I could not have said JBM is compatible
with Remoting currently used by JBM 4.x because it's clearly not, and
this is a well know problem. I probably said there's no problem if we go
scoped, which cannot be avoided for 4.2.0, but we should align our
dependencies in 4.2.1. I also remember that this was still an open
discussion.