[jboss-dev] JBoss Unified I18N Infrastructure

Caius Carlos Chance cchance at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 20:32:47 EDT 2007

>> Another advantage of using gettext is, there is an existing localization
>> team in Red Hat could be leveraged for the all JBoss modules when the
>> I18N infrastructure on JBoss could be integrated with current workflow
>> (e.g. tools, work file formats, etc.) of them. They have done the
>> translation for JBoss Installer and they are very familiar on working
>> with .po files that are used by gettext.
>>
> Sure, but requiring the projects to add an additional 3rd party jar is
> wrong (especially one I've never seen used in java)
> Would be relevant to know how the java properties support would work...

It will be good idea if all modules could unify their I18N
infrastructure. If so, also there would be only 1 convertor needed to be
developed for the translation team. The development of the convertor may
allow both translation team and current jboss developer keep minimal
changes on workflow/code.

--
CAIUS CHANCE | CCHANCE AT REDHAT DOT COM
X8116 | SW ENG | ENG-I18N | RED HAT APAC