[jboss-dev] RE: Jdk1.4 vs jdk5

Dimitris Andreadis dimitris at jboss.org
Thu Jan 11 14:53:57 EST 2007

I tried jbossxb 1.0.0.CR8 in jboss 4.2, that was compiled with jdk5, due
to jboss-test (imported by jbossxb) being compiled with jdk5.

So all 1.4 based testsuite builds of jbossas 4.2 break immediately due
to the jbossxb jdk5 compiled classes.
Do we need to just drop those builds?

Also, how to deal with the compatibility tests? The way we use client
libs from one jboss version against a running server of another version
(e.g. 4.2 client libs against 4.0 server) will not work, unless we run
the client with jdk5.

Is this what we are supposed to do? i.e. require all jboss 4.2 compiled
code to need a jdk5 runtime?

Do you see any other issue interoperating with older servers running on
jdk1.4 ?