[jboss-dev] Re: Jdk1.4 vs jdk5

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Thu Jan 11 15:45:11 EST 2007

Ok, but jboss4.2 requires jdk5 so this is a non-issue.

If we are doing jboss-4.0.x to jboss-4.2.x compatibility tests, the
jboss-4.2.x based client needs to run under jdk5. You still should be
able to run jboss-4.0.x based clients under jdk14. The interop issues
will be along the lines of jmx remoting, and leaking jdk5 based classes
in return values (like new util classes deep in a proxy). For the
interop we need to support we'll have to test it.