[jboss-dev] Re: Commons-logging upgrade

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Mon Jan 22 16:26:13 EST 2007

What is the point of discovery not being sensitive to the caller
context? That is more of a j2se singleton behavior which is what caused
the original problem. Something has changed in the jbossweb layer to
allow jcl in the war as this originally caused conflicts between the war
deployer mbean using jcl as the conf/jboss-service.xml class loader
level, and the web app related mbeans loading jcl from the war class
loader. This combined with web app mbeans being associated with mbeans
created by the war deployer with discovery occurring in the context of
two class loaders caused type conflicts. I don't want to have to patch
jcl, but we need to understand why the test now works with jcl in the war.