[jboss-dev] Plan for JBossAS 4.2.0.CR1 - Your Help is Needed

Dimitris Andreadis dimitris at jboss.org
Wed Jan 24 11:15:31 EST 2007

Hi folks,

We are shooting for Feb/26th for JBossAS 4.2.0.CR1, which is only 4.5
weeks away. As a consequence:

1) We must finish with all development/bug fixing tasks by Feb/5th.
Anything not done until then will be deferred.

2) EJB3 team has an additional week to work (until Feb/12th) and a
couple more days to finish any integration tasks.

3) If you are not doing features development, please help *now* fixing
the testsuites. We are looking a lot better (93%) than last week (~70%)
but there is still way to go.

http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/buildresults/jboss-4.2-testsuite-1.5

There a few things broken mainly due to

tomcat->jboss-web transition,
jrmp->unified invoker changes
jbossTM->jbossTS(arjuna) switch

Most failing tests are in the following categories:

org.jboss.test.cluster.test
org.jboss.test.cmp2.audit.test
org.jboss.test.cmp2.simple
org.jboss.test.compatibility.test
org.jboss.test.jacc.test
org.jboss.test.jca.test
org.jboss.test.testbeancluster.test
org.jboss.test.tm.test
org.jboss.test.txiiop.test
org.jboss.test.web.test
org.jboss.test.webservice.*

4) We want to pass as much (or all?) of TCK1.4 for 4.2.0.CR1 :) I wanted
to delay this until we get most of the jboss testsuites passing, but we
can't delay this any longer.

JBoss 4.2 is a priority, so whether it is working on JIRA tasks,
testsuites, fixes or TCK stuff, there is plenty of work to do for
everyone, so your help is very much (and urgently) needed.

If you see issues with this schedule, let me know.

We'll probably create and assign JIRA tasks for the testsuites/TCK fixes
(we only recently managed to get some good teststuite runs), but please
don't wait for that and be proactive.

Thanks
/Dimitris

--