[jboss-dev] Log4J RepositorySelector

Stan Silvert stan.silvert at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 13:30:04 EST 2007

A long time ago when I was still in support I wrote a RepositorySelector
implementation.  This allows a deployment to have its own logging
environment.  But, it was never integrated into JBoss itself.  Since
then, I've been meaning to come back to it and put it into JBoss:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1313

As you can see, someone in the community stepped up and built an
implementation.  I took a quick look at it and it looks pretty good.
Seems to work just like it should.

The question I have is if this is something we want to put into 4.2 at
this late hour.  It's a nice feature that we get requests for from time
to time.  What do you guys think?

Also, since the implementation is based on the old microkernel, would we
want to ask this guy to create a version for JBoss 5 as well?  If so, he
may need someone who is available to answer questions.  Right now I know
squat about the new kernel.

Stan Silvert

JBoss, a division of RedHat

ssilvert at jboss.com