[jboss-dev] ObjectName property order

Carlo de Wolf carlo.dewolf at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 13:22:44 EST 2007

After breaking my head for two days why dependencies aren't working
anymore, Ales kindly pointed out to me that my properties are in the
wrong order. It turns out this is a global problem.

If I deploy this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<server>
   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Topic"
      name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Topic,name=myTestTopic">
      <attribute name="JNDIName">topic/myTestTopic</attribute>
      <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
   </mbean>
</server>

I get this in jmx-console:
jboss.mq.destination
      * name=myTestTopic,service=Topic

Note the reversal of the properties. I'm digging down into this, but
maybe this will ring a bell to someone.

Carlo