[jboss-dev] Re: JBoss Branch_4_2 testsuite failures

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 00:47:43 EDT 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Going through the failures in the Branch_4_2 testsuite, that we should
> fix as soon as possible. I've made assignments, if there is any problem,
> let me know. Thanks.
>
> - Clustering -
>
> In the sun testsuite runs there are random appearances of replication
> errors, e.g. org.jboss.test.cluster.test.FieldBasedTestCase, or
> ScopedFieldBasedTestCase, or DeprecAnnocFieldBasedTestCase.
>
> I don't see any of those error on the JRockit run, that is done in a
> more isolated environment, so I don't know if there is something more to
> it.
>
> http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/artifacts/jboss-4.2-testsuite-sun-1.5/20070325010221/results/index.html

These are failures on tests of asynchronous replication. With async the
test client doesn't know how long it will take for a session to
replicate, so it sleeps 300ms before switching from one server to the
other.  There are hundreds of these switches made in the course of a
testsuite run. If there's some hiccup during a replication (e.g. a bit
longer than normal gc run delays it), the test client can switch before
the replicated state arrives and you get a transient failure.

I bumped the sleep time a bit (and made it configurable via a system
property.)

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering