[jboss-dev] Re: Sep/14th cutoff date for component updates in AS5 Beta3

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 11:09:16 EDT 2007

The current Hibernate core release is not compatible with JBoss Cache
2.0 (JBC API is very different.)  This breaks using JBC as a Hibernate
2nd level cache.

For EJB3 entity caching I've written a CacheProvider impl that deals
with JBC 2.0, so that use case is handled. But if people want to use
Hibernate+JBC outside of EJB3, that will be a problem.

A workaround to this would be to write an equivalent to what I did for
EJB3 and include it in the hibernate-int module.

I'm currently working with Steve on a *much* improved Hibernate/JBC
integration for Hibernate 3.3. It would certainly be nicer to have AS 5
use that.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering