[jboss-dev] Re: Sep/14th cutoff date for component updates in AS5 Beta3

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 12:39:57 EDT 2007

I am fine with 2.5 unless in your opinion 2.6 includes some major bug
fixes that really need to be in AS 5.0.0. My assumption has always been
that AS 5 would be targeted toward JGroups 2.5, with 2.6 integrated if
it came out far enough in advance of the AS CR1 that we could properly
test it.  Only reason for interest in 2.6 is just the normal desire to
pick up any bug fixes or perf improvements that come along.

Seems we're locking down the libraries for beta3 instead of CR1. That
doesn't change the above.

AIUI, the main reason for pushing for 2.6 was the API for the combined
flush for connect+ multiple state transfers we discussed yesterday. That
doesn't seem like something that can be high impact in AS 5.0.0.  I
don't see how the different, completely unrelated services that do state
transfer can coordinate their state transfers, at least not without a
major effort that there's no bandwidth for.  So, that leaves saving 1
flush cycle when the channel shared by all the services connects. That
would be nice, but IMHO not a huge thing worth disrupting your road map
to get in.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering