[jboss-dev] Release jboss-common-core 2.2.5.GA for JBCOMMON-48

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 09:20:50 EDT 2008

I noticed last night a number of classes now have a serialVersionUID=1,
where previously none was specified.  I therefore assume this change
will break AS 4.x clients trying to talk to AS 5.

Perhaps you can release a 2.2.5.BetaCR1 and we can let the AS's
serialVersionUID compatibility test complain and tell us the old id's. I
suspect something like that was Adrian's plan.

Classes with the same change:

org/jboss/net/sockets/RMIMultiSocketClient
org/jboss/util/LongCounter
org/jboss/util/LongCounter.Wrapper + a bunch of anonymous classes thereof
org/jboss/util/Null
org/jboss/util/UnexpectedThrowable
org/jboss/util/NoSuchMethodException
org/jboss/util/NestedError
org/jboss/util/NullArgumentException
org/jboss/util/UnreachableStatementException
org/jboss/util/NestedSQLException
org/jboss/util/deadlock/ApplicationDeadlockException
org/jboss/util/NestedException
org/jboss/util/property/PropertyException
org/jboss/util/property/PropertyEvent
org/jboss/util/property/PropertyContainer
org/jboss/util/property/PropertyError
org/jboss/util/platform/PID
org/jboss/util/NestedRuntimeException
org/jboss/util/collection/CollectionException
org/jboss/util/collection/LazyList
org/jboss/util/collection/LazyMap
org/jboss/util/collection/SerializableEnumeration
org/jboss/util/collection/ListSet
org/jboss/util/collection/EmptyCollectionException
org/jboss/util/collection/LazySet
org/jboss/util/collection/FullCollectionException
org/jboss/util/collection/CompoundKey
org/jboss/util/StopWatch
org/jboss/util/StopWatch.Wrapper + an anonymous subclass thereof
org/jboss/util/state/IllegalTransitionException
org/jboss/util/NotImplementedException
org/jboss/util/EmptyStringException
org/jboss/util/id/VMID
org/jboss/util/HashCode
org/jboss/util/Counter
org/jboss/util/Counter.Wrapper + a bunch of anonymous subclasses thereof
org/jboss/util/xml/catalog/CatalogException
org/jboss/util/threadpool/ThreadPoolStoppedException
org/jboss/util/threadpool/TaskStoppedException
org/jboss/util/threadpool/StartTimeoutException
org/jboss/util/threadpool/ThreadPoolFullException