[jboss-dev] ejb3/core -> jboss-as-server dependecies

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 06:51:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 13:13 +0300, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> I'm half-way through the dependency list of ejb3/core to jboss-as-server.
>
> Those dependencies need to be resolved:

Most of them look to because EJB3 is still leaking
parts of the old EJB2 invocation/proxy model?

Why? Since EJB3 doesn't use the old invoker-proxy-bindings
or remoting mechanisms what is doing using these classes?

> ejb3/core
>   ./org/jboss/ejb3/mdb/MessagingContainer.java
> depends on org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server
>    org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderAdapter;
>    org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server

Why? This should be integrated via the jms rar.

> ejb3/core
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/timerservice/jboss/JBossTimerServiceFactory.java
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/timerservice/TimedObjectInvoker.java
> depends on org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server
>    org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.EJBTimerService;
>    org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimedObjectInvoker

The real work to do this properly has become orphaned:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=78902

There's clearly something wrong with the ejb3 factory class
if it requires the implementation rather than
just being an interface implemented by the appserver
and then injected onto the ejb container.

I'd guess the way this is integrated is a hack anyway
since part of the api for the TimerService
requires the EJB2 Container class.

> ejb3/core
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/stateful/StatefulLocalProxyFactory.java
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/stateless/StatelessContainer.java
> depends on org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server
>    org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.StatefulHandleImpl;
>    org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.HomeHandleImpl;

EJB2 proxy?

> ejb3/core
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/AllowedOperationsInterceptor.java
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/ContainerPlugin.java
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/service/ServiceContainer.java
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/stateless/StatelessContainer.java
> depends on org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server
>    org.jboss.ejb.AllowedOperationsFlags

This is just an internal "enum" that identifies an EJB's
current state.

Does it really need to shared between the EJB2 and EJB3
containers? Are the EJB2 states even  congruent with the
EJB3 states?

> ejb3/core
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/EJBProxyFactory.java
> depends on org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server
>    org.jboss.invocation.Invocation

EJB2 invocation?

> ejb3/core
>    ./org/jboss/ejb3/EJBProxyFactory.java
> depends on org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-server
>    org.jboss.ejb.GenericEntityObjectFactory

EJB2 proxy?