[jboss-dev] Why Maven sucks (part 1)

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 17:52:32 EDT 2008

Jason T. Greene wrote:
> I think your list would be smaller if you just listed what maven does
> right ;)

Maybe. :)

But for the time being we're pretty deep into Mavenization of the AS,
and most of the complaining I've seen is due to:

* Improper comprehension of Maven's behaviour
* Refusal to invest some time into learning a new technology

Given that Maven is an Open Source project with a series of rough spots
that we're identifying, seems that it'd require a lot less effort to
patch, fix, and mold Maven into a finely-tuned system than to build from
scratch and end up with a product we alone must support.

And if not - fine, we can always explore other alternatives.  So far I
don't see any game-over items preventing Maven's use.

S,
ALR