[jboss-dev] Why Maven sucks (part 1)

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:07:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Andrew Lee Rubinger
<andrew.rubinger at redhat.com> wrote:
> Jason T. Greene wrote:
>
> > I think your list would be smaller if you just listed what maven does
> right ;)
> >

>  Maybe. :)
>
>  But for the time being we're pretty deep into Mavenization of the AS, and
> most of the complaining I've seen is due to:
>
>  * Improper comprehension of Maven's behaviour
>  * Refusal to invest some time into learning a new technology

More pointless fanboyism.

Personally, I am against magic tricks when it comes to building a
project, and as I don't think matching version numbers with one
another is rocket science, I do not accept a complex, bloated and hard
to learn tool as a solution for that problem.

Rémy